Sunday, November 4, 2012

An Aussie Beauty Came By Today...

          ...shaken and anxious. Turns out she was hypoglycemic, which I think means there's not enough sugar in her blood (this is why I'm not quitting my day job). So, she charges in pacing frantically, and nabs some cheesecake off the fridge (she paid for later). I offered her a chair and some cold water, and told her to sit for as long as she needed. One of the regulars (whose a bit of a douchey party boy, but can be cool and honest at times - though this wasn't one of those honest times), noticed her sitting nearby, anxious and clearly shaken and starts putting the moves on her! I kept calling him out, and kept telling him that she needs some space (which she did) and that she's be ok with me watching her. Party Boy was playing the whole "hero" role, trying to appear that he cared and was worried. Maybe he was, but I'm not betting on that horse. She wasn't responding so well, since she's trying to calm herself, so he leaves for a bit. At that time, I get her attention and tell her that he's trying to make the moves on her. She didn't realize that - she thought he was being helpful! Good thing I cockblocked! Eventually, Party Boy leaves, and after a while, we start talking. It turned out that she's Australian. I learned that she was foreigner (her accent and slang gave it away, but I thought she might've been English), with a major in Interior Design and Fashion from Australia that she earned years ago, and that she visits friends here in America from time to time. Oh, and she is slightly older than me, which I was surprised - she looked 19/20 at best. I learned all this from talking to her and not flirting and stuff! I know - absurd! When she finally felt better, she asked for directions and I sent her off. Thinking about it now, if I can be honest, I wish I had more time with her: she seemed like she'd make a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment