Friday, September 20, 2013

Unrewarding Workdays

The past few work days, as the title suggests, have been very unrewarding. What I mean by this is that work has been busy (thanks to everybody trying to cash in on the lottery for the most part) and I've been on my feet for almost 8 hours at time. What bothers me is that, after the day is done (paperwork and at all), it seems like the revenue I've earned that day didn't really justify the amount of work that I've had for that said day. For example:

A slow, leisurely shift = A lower amount of revenue

A busy, fast-paced shift = A higher amount of revenue


Unfortunately, the past few business days have been more like this:


A busy, fast-paced shift = A lower amount of revenue


I'm hoping this trend at work will end soon. I like having good work days - makes me feel like I've truly earned my wages there.

No comments:

Post a Comment