Thursday, August 28, 2014

"American Psycho" @ Eat.See.Hear. (Late Post #3)

Minutes away from the main show!
On July 19th, I had the awesome pleasure of watching American Psycho on a big screen at the Autry in Los Angeles (I'm close to LA. Obvious, isn't it?). The show is part of Eat.See.Hear's summer-long film festival showcasing some of the cinema's brilliant contributions...or not. It depends on the individual, really. Anyhow, it was great to watch a film outside in a park. It's something that I've been wanting to do since I've seen others do it as well as a setting like this seems to be quite popular in movies. 

American Psycho seems to be one of those films that are inherently difficult to comprehend, even with extensive conversations with friends in trying to interpret the meaning of the movie. While it's satire and providing commentary on the Wall Street culture of the 80's, Psycho follows Patrick Bateman's adventures (so to speak) as a serial killer. Yeah. That's all I've got. I've seen this film twice, and I still struggle to understand the message and meaning of the movie. I'm told that reading the book is more impactful than the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment