Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

"My name is Benjamin Button and I was born in unusual circumstances..."

I had the fortunate pleasure of watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button a few days ago. For me, this was one of those movies where it just snuck past me. I knew about its existence since its theatrical release, but I never was compelled to watch the movie until recently.  In short, I loved it. While it was essentially Forrest Gump in reverse, Benjamin Button is one of those rare gems in film where you're not only watching it, you're immersed in it. However, it's just not the story alone that draws you in. It's the people, the places, and even the circumstance that do so. For as long as time moves forward, many people will age, circumstances will give and take life, and life itself is never still.

In some ways, taking the time to watch films that are more artistic, story-driven, and at times emotional seems to reflect the growth I'm going through as a person. For those who've known me over the years, these types of movies were not always my "cup of tea," so to speak. Maybe it has to do with all the reading I've been immersing myself with lately, as well as my binging on so much music that is sometimes unexpected, even for myself. Now, more and more of these types of films are giving me a satisfaction that, if my younger self would encounter the same film, he would dismiss them altogether. I want to continue going on this path and see where it takes me and just how much I'll change in the days, months, and years ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment