Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Nothing Can Stop Me Now..."

Recently, I have become a supporter for a Kickstarter project aptly titled "Nothing Can Stop Me Now", which is a cryptic motif in the music of Nine Inch Nails over the years (clicking the link will take you to the Kickstarter page). I'm proud (and excited) to say that I'm one of the backers of the project, excited to see the results of the project.

Personally, I am a big fan of the music of Nine Inch Nails and take pleasure in not only exploring the architecture of Reznor's music, but also discovering the motifs and themes that are conjured  up in the music, also. Thus, I'm excited to see people's interpretations in a graphic novel format of both classic and modern songs that are taken from the discography of NIN. 

The photo seen here is of The Fragile, the last album that I have bought that completes my NIN collation, excluding EP's, remixes, and other outstanding works, of course. This album was, initially, a difficult album to listen to, considering the fact that I had jumped around from LP to LP inconsistently. In time, I have learned to appreciate that level of detail and production value that went into creating this album, as well as the songs being more easily recognizable than ever before. I can't wait to see the direction that NIN takes in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment