Friday, September 4, 2015

Can't Sleep; Clown'll Eat Me...

Today was rough day. I struggled to fall asleep last night, and didn't do so until 0400 hours on Friday, September 4 (pretty much the day of this posting). Just a month ago, I developed a really bad case of insomnia (after the 2015 Anime Expo), where I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. I even tried to distract my mind with reading and guitar and Netflix, which worked, but only temporarily. Then I visited my local Gamestop, and I discovered these nifty puzzle sets.

The one above is from The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. Despite the colors and variety of the image, it was relatively easy to complete, taking up a mere 5 hours to assemble it all together. I had worked on these types of puzzles as a means to reflect and collect my troubled thoughts on those sleepless nights. The problem was that it wasn't just one thing that bothered and kept me up, it was multiple things: my (seemingly desperate) relationship status; my (lack of) job hunting skills; and even thinking about my mom's imminent surgery. And that's just the beginning of it. The puzzles were therapeutic in allowing me to formulate plans and learn to let go of the things that I don't have control over. 

Obviously, I don't have those restless nights as I did before, but just this night was an outlier in recent events. I should take out the puzzle sets again - they were mighty fun to assemble in those restless nights. Until next time, my Dorkings! (Hmm... better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment