Saturday, December 22, 2012

De-Loused in the Comatorium

          Why didn't I buy this album sooner?! I actually started off with Frances the Mute, followed by Meccamputecture, The Bedlam in Goliath, and lastly, Nocturniquet. Thus, I'm left with Deloused in the Comatorium and Octahedron missing my The Mars Volta collection. As it's obvious with first inquisitive statement, it's taken me so long to obtain Deloused - four albums to be exact. The Mars Volta is, by far, the band that I'm most ambivalent with. As a progressive rock band, their sounds are conventionally unconventional. By far, The Mars Volta's musical talents in Frances and Meccamputecture are my favorite, but the music in Bedlam was so esoteric and bizarre that it made me hesitant to seek out the others. I eventually got Nocturniquet, despite the Bedlam disappointment. While I still did plan to obtain Deloused and Octahedron, I had planned to buy the albums until much later. The main reason why I bought Deloused much sooner is that I noticed that this album was becoming scarce and harder to come by for some reason. So I indulged and semi-recklessly bought the LP. I'm still in the process of listening to the album, trying to gain an understanding the concept of the album as whole. Soon enough, Octahedron will be in my collection and my The Mars Volta collection will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment