Monday, January 21, 2013

Where The Red Fern Grows...

          I couldn't find The Great Gatsby anywhere...so I'm moving with my list and reading Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. This is one of the books that I've been hesitant to read. Not that I wouldn't like the story or anything, but more because I was bored of the novel when I read this back when I was in the seventh grade. Perhaps with all these years that have passed by, my perspective of Rawls' classic will hopefully change. I'm already halfway through (I just finished chapter 10 last night) and so far, everything is pacing along quite quickly, contrary to what I once thought years ago. I've yet to reach the part where Billy competes with other coon hunters. 

(SPOILER ALERT!!!) I still remember how the story ends, but I don't know how it got to that tragic ending. (END SPOILER!!!) 

          In the end, I hope to read this book for start to finish and hopefully walk away with an understanding as to why this books has praised so critically and to comprehend the profound message of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment