Friday, June 20, 2014

Breaking Bad


Again, due to having a crapload of free time this summer, I am feverishly attached to the Netflix and the television, since I'm feverishly watching Breaking Bad. The series finished just not too long ago, and I've somehow managed avoid as much as spoilers along the way. So, I'm now on a Breaking Bad marathon, and I'm now on the final stretch of the final 8 episodes of the series (though I may be done by the time this is posted). 

In all honesty, I'm a bit surprised that it's taken Walter White/Heisenberg some time to be on his own, and begin to establish his empire. In the seasons I've watched thus far, he was always under someone's thumb, whether it was Krazy-8, Tuco, or Gus himself. All the promos and such have always portrayed White as this ruthless man without scruples, but it's taken time Walter to become the ruthless Heisenberg. Also, Pinkman doesn't say "bitch" as much as I thought he would. He tends to say "Yo" more than "B", which is kind of disappointing to say the least, but I have no qualms about that.

I honestly I don't have much to add here. I simply loved watching (and still watching) this critically-acclaimed show. In some ways, I wish I had the privilege of viewing this show along with millions of people, so that I, too, may be part of the conversation, but alas, I was half a year too late, and I'm ok with that. I can't wait to have those lengthy conversations with friends (over beer, of course) about the show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment