Friday, August 9, 2013

IT CAME FROM SPACE!!!...(Not Really...)

I think I may have done a similar post in the past, I'll have to be sure of that, but I'm still desiring to be part of that campy Sci-Fi lore. You know, rockets and robots, world domination, and ALIENS!!! I've been reading Ender's Game this past week or so, but not as active as I'd like. It's a good read, and I'd like read more of these types of books. Good science fiction, as I have learned, not only tells a great story, but the characters wrestle with contemporary topics, such as race, status, culture/tradition, ethics, and many more. It's what made Star Trek (with Shatner's Capt. Kirk, not Stewart's Capt. Picard) so successful, as well as Ender's Game, 1984, Brave New World, and many others. Perhaps this is the sociological part of my brain doing all the talking, but I'd like to know your thoughts on science fiction: does it address current issues? Or am I just overthinking the whole thing? Also, what are some of your favorite Sci-Fi series?

EDIT: I actually had briefly mentioned my growing interest in Sci-Fi over here >>> "An Eye Is Upon You"

No comments:

Post a Comment