Thursday, April 3, 2014

A New Computer!

I got a new computer! It's a 13.3in (to be precise) MacBook Pro with retina display. I'm actually typing this blog post with my new laptop now. This is the first time I have ever owned a Mac (like ever ever). This is mostly because I spent my teenage years working extensively with Windows operated computer systems, and I learned how to navigate through the software and modify the necessary hardware to make the most of the machine. I have zero knowledge of how a Mac works (save for the mini-iOS that's found in the iPhone/iPad) and that lack of knowledge makes me feel like I won't make the most of this laptop. I know many people who are avid Mac users, so I'm bound to learn a thing or two, right?

So here's where I'm at: right now I'm learning how to use the mouse-/touchpad since its not the same for a Windows laptop. I'm also trying to find the most common shortcuts (such as cutting/pasting text, closing/opening tabs, navigating between windows, and closing active windows, just to name a few) but no major progress just yet. I have much learning to do with this tiny machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment