Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Small R&R

Finally, after this past month and a half, I can actually write for my personal delight again! I spent all this time researching, outlining, and then madly writing two separate term papers - one as a class assignment and the other as a sign of things to come (it was a mock literature review designed to prepare us for the lengthy research process of our undergrad Senior Thesis). Now that both of these assignments are complete (and awaiting corrections/revisions by my professors), I can finally rest easy for this week (before I'll have to adjust my paper to reflect the evaluations my professors will impose upon me).

Unfortunately, this small break from my demanding school schedule is simply insufficient. I'm burned out from almost a whole straight year of juggling work and school, and how I'm holding up is beyond me. I'm afraid of how this Spring will end - I fear this will be my weakest semester thus far in my stay at this university. I know more there is more to life than good grades, but sometimes I forget that, and I end up placing a great deal of value upon a simple 5-letter grading system.

Anyhow, I hope to resumify my writing soon - there are things that I want to write about and try new experiences, hoping for positive feedback and results (more on these later, of course). For now, it's sufficient to say that I'm trying to be mindful to write more, for my sake. Until next, fellow readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment