Monday, August 31, 2015

"The Time Machine is a Microwave."

Lately in my free time, I've been watching anime! First, I watched Cowboy Bebop, followed by Attack on Titan, and now I'm watching Steins;Gate. Soon after, I'll be watching Trigun, Samurai Champloo, and FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

So Steins;Gate... I've seen the anime before, just a few weeks ago, actually. I was quite confused, in honesty, in the beginning, due to Okarin's mad scientist persona. His one-sided conversations with himself really caught me off-guard in the initial episodes. Furthermore, Christina's death in the first episode, and her "resurrection" in the second episode added more to the confusion.

What first got my attention to this particular anime was knowing that the microwave was a time. Intriguing, no? How the microwave's a time machine is different than I what had envisioned, though. I won't say how (mostly because I don't think I'm articulate enough to explain). The first time around, I watched it in English, just for the sake of it. I was recently encouraged to rewatch the series in Japanese. My friend vouched that the actor who voices Okarin really sells the mad scientist bit. So here I am writing about a show that I'm currently watching. Whew, that was a lot to say.

I do know that Steins;Gate is based on a video game! Although, I do not know how much of the source material is borrowed for the anime. If I could find a copy of the game, I'm sure I'll give it a play through once or twice and see what how it's like.

For now, the anime will suffice. 
Until Wednesday, ya Nerds! (Hmm, sounds cool enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment