Monday, August 17, 2015

Unexpected Changes!

Hey, y'all (Y'all? Does anyone even say this anymore???), happy Monday to you all! Hope you guys are all nice and cool against the summer heat - in my area, it got to over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) over the weekend, so there were several (about 3?) brushfires in my area. I swear you could smell the burning woods/grass.

Anyhow, as I have mentioned, I have made some unexpected changes in my life, namely moving to a new location! I now live with my (slightly younger, by a year) brother in his apartment. He needed a roommate to help him cut costs and rent in order to save up for his wedding (lucky bastard...). SO! I ended up spending all of last week and some of the weekend getting all of my things together and tying up loose ends in my previous place in order for this to happen. All in all, this all happened spontaneously and it's more exciting than frightening to live life without much of a fallback. 

Basically, I missed out on blogging last week. So, yeah, I'm sorry for that. I'm more settled now, so I'm back to my Mon-Wed-Fri schedule of writing.

So far, it's smooth sailing here - the only big challenge I have to tackle is learning to cook. Oh, and job hunting. Yeah, it's still a thing, sadly, and not much progress has been made with this unexpected move. And I'll be sure to write about it soon enough.

So, cooking. No experience. Well, that's an exaggeration - I can prepare cereals, pastas/spaghettis, eggs, salads, quesadillas, and even meat (but that's mostly luck though). So I have some foundation of cooking, right?! But today, on my first day. I wimped out. I bought breakfast and lunch at diners today. I know, I know. Today was a fluke! I'll start to get it right starting tomorrow! Anyhow, that's really the big news I've got for you, and possibly the lame excuse I've got. I'll be living life and moving forward and growing up now! It's an amazing time to be alive! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment