Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! (A Kindle Fire HD, That Is...)

          This past weekend, my brothers decided to give me a belated birthday gift. We ventured in the mall, and I couldn't decide what to get. Then it hit me: even though there still things that I want to buy and have (like microphone for my camera, or a tablet of some sort, and even a telescope someday), I was content with what I did have. I didn't need a new gadget or toy, I was completely happy with what I do have. Also, I'd feel guilty that they would even consider spending money on me. I have always played the older brother role, sacrificing my happiness for my siblings. I always missed out on the latest toy so that my brothers would own it, not me. But they were adamant, refusing to accept no for answer. I even told them that I was afraid that I wasn't going to use it to its potential, but they just shrugged off that concern. We made our way to Best Buy.
           Although, I do admit that I have been eyeing a new tablet (I was debating between the Galaxy Note or the New iPad), but I have been wary since my biggest fear was that I would shell out a paycheck for a shiny, new paperweight. I was afraid that I wouldn't know how to use it, or rather, make the most of it, and my brothers understood that insecurity. They knew I'm old-fashioned: I collect CD's, not MP3's; I read books on paper, not electronically; and I watch movies that are on discs, not streamed online. So they pointed to a more convenient and economical tab to start out with: the Kindle Fire HD. They felt confident that this first-ever tablet of mine would help me become accustomed to the more modern technology of today's time. I was simply blown away of their generosity - I simply wasn't expecting that from them. Although, it's my first, I'm feeling happy about it, even if there is still so much to learn and discover of this little machine of mine.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I am an only child so the chances of my brothers or sisters doing something so thoughtful for me is ZERO lol. I have been eying that kindle fire hd, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like your Kindle. I'm on the fence about getting one.

    ReplyDelete