Monday, October 15, 2012

Reflection Time!

          How I'm hanging on at this point is beyond me. I'm doing very well in my classes, save for one since most of the work is online, and I'm not online as frequently as I must to be able to offer quality work. However, this isn't the point of this post. 
      
          I've been doing some reflections in the back of the fridge at my work (the buzzing drowns out any distracting trains of thought) and I've come to the realization that I've been feeling lonely lately. Not in the "I don't have a girl" kind-of-way, but more of "I need friends." Not that I don't have any, but I've been thinking and realizing that I don't have any one to talk to on a consistent basis on my campus. I guess I'm what's known as a commuter student - that is that I go to campus for as long as I need to, then I leave the site since I have other responsibilities outside of the classroom. I supposed I had envisioned a more interactive experience on campus, but with other responsibilities weighing me down, I'm certain this vision won't be realized for some time. After all, I just started going here, and perhaps I'm asking too much as of now. Still, it would be nice to be able to talk and even have a lunch break with people.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmm I don't know about that ;-P j/k
      yeah, let's do it - should be fun :-)

      Delete
  2. Hooray! My first BFF @ La Verne. How exciting:) What should we do for fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shh! Don't let them know where we are! lol
      I don't know, I'll get back to you later!

      Delete
  3. Gotcha bestie ill hush-hush:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me...What did you figure out???

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh!...i see it. Okay i will:)

    ReplyDelete