Tuesday, July 2, 2013

All Work & No Play...

...makes Sebass a dull boy!!!

But seriously, I have work literally every day this week!!! 

Today, rather yesterday (it's 7/2/2013 right now at 0041 hours - yes, I do military time! ^_^), was my first day of the lengthy week. And because I already had worked an intense 48 hours last week (that's divided into one 8-hour graveyard shift and four 10-shifts!), my body hasn't fully recovered at all. I'm used to having 
32-hour weeks, not this overtime stuff of having 6 workdays in a week. But this is just temporary, until our new guy can be completely trained to be self-sufficient at work (he's a quick learner, that new guy!). So until next week, I'm working another 48 hours this week! 

In short, this means:

1: I'm missing our on a good portion of the Anime Expo (did I say I was going?)
2: My July 4th experience is going to be cut short.
3: I won't be having sufficient time to rest.
4... 
I'm gonna be missing out on the Anime Expo!!!  

(...and I paid for the full 4-day experience too...)

I'm trying to be at peace with this, since one of our guys at work was unexpectedly fired (which is why I'm working so much - picking up the slack), so it's more like I'm getting a 2-day experience instead of the full 4-day experience. 

Once the new guy is fully trained, then everything will go back to normal :D

Until then, wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment