Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Station Is NOT A Bank!

          It happened again today. Someone was stupid enough to think that I'll accept a hundred dollars for only a few dollar's worth of snacks. I wonder what insane logic runs through their mind when they attempt to do this. What's more frustrating is that THEY get mad at ME for denying them. Don't they see the stupidity in their futile attempt? Why, is this the First Bank of ExxonMobil? Is this the ConocoPhillips Credit Union? NO! And I don't have a thousand dollars sitting under the register just for you! I'm just not that eager to get robbed, or worse. So what gives some of the people I encounter that idea - that they can walk in with one large bill and walk away with a handful of smaller bills? The best part is that they want to see my boss. They say that I'm being unfair and they threaten to take their business elsewhere. What they don't realize is that my boss agrees with me. He argues that it isn't fair for those who actually spend money (usually at least twenty to thirty dollars or more) and need the change. So, I've got that on my side. Still, it's just frustrating dealing with people who think a gas station is a bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment