Thursday, April 18, 2013

Regular Show (It's Anything But)

Recently, I came across this children's television show called Regular Show on Netflix. I think it's one of the more "modern" programs on Cartoon Network's programming, since I grew up with some of the more classic shows that can now be found in Boomerang (an associated network, I think), such as Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and others as well. I had seen an episode or two when I had once visited my cousin's house months ago, but I really didn't find the show to be compelling, maybe because I had felt that CN's modern programs couldn't be compared to cartoons I grew up (but that's my opinion). I thought Mordecai and Rigby (the main characters) were annoying and childish, and my first impression of them wasn't quite nice, to put it gently. So yeah, I wasn't really open to the show when I first saw a while back.

For some unknown reason, maybe due to boredom, I thought, "Why not? Just an episode. There's nothing else to watch at the moment." So I streamed the first episode of it, and I actually quite liked it. A lot of humor was quite bizarre and strange, but in a good way, like Adventure Time. It always starts of pretty normal, but usually Rigby and Mordecai manage to make that normality disappear, in funny and clever ways. It's too bad there's only one season of this show on Netflix (or any Cartoon Network/Adult Swim shows for that matter), since this is one of those shows I'd definitely watch up to the latest episodes.


Here's a small clip from the TV show - I was going to embed a full episode that I saw, but I couldn't really find one :/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment