Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Reading List (CRL UPDATE!)

Perhaps what had made this Fall Semester so successful is the fact that I've learned to approach my professors with all sorts of questions - from the class material itself, to supplemental readings, and even discussing critical observations of the real world (these discussions were the favorites among myself and my professors). At the end of my semester, I've made it a point to talk to each of my professor to develop more academically focused reading list for me to have and to develop further as time passes on.

In some ways, there's an ulterior motive to this list: I hope that the readings will help me develop a focus in the field I'm studying (Sociology) for the sake of my final semester (research, internship, and thesis) and, if I'm daring enough, Grad School (wherever I may go since I've yet to really give this much thought). 

In the sake of fairness, these titles will also be a part of my (personally) infamous Comprehensive Reading List. These books, plus all the personal novels (and the like) that I want to read this year will skyrocket the number significantly. This will, in fact, force to reconsider my 75% goal that I always set for myself and perhaps consider a lower number (roughly 50-65%, if I'm fortunate enough). But the new and improved CRL won't be available for another few days (to add and even color code my reading list to account for the major changes soon to come).

In some ways, I do hope that you (the reader) will perhaps consider reading some of the books on my list and perhaps gain the same insights I've had from Flowers for Algernon (for example). Until next time, my fellow readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment